After helping the Clippers temporarily bust out of their recent funk and make quick work of the Cleveland Cavaliers in a 128-103 rout, Leonard's mind seemed to be on winning a championship and reminding his teammates just how hard it is to get to the end of June and hoist the Larry O'Brien Trophy.
NBA, CAVALIERS at CLIPPERS | FULL GAME HIGHLIGHTS | January 14, 2020
- Kawhi Leonard reached the halfway point of the season for the LA Clippers with his most explosive game, scoring 43 points in just under 29 minutes Tuesday night at Staples Center.
- Leonard repeatedly talked about how the Clippers (28-13) need to slow down and not be in a hurry to get to where they hope to be.
- It certainly will be a lot easier for Doc Rivers and the Clippers when Leonard is feeling this way. Leonard said he was getting stronger with his health trending up of late, and he provided the Cavaliers proof of that.
- Leonard knows how much more there is to go to reach the NBA Finals after his long title run with the Toronto Raptors last season.
- "It takes a whole team to win games, win championships," Leonard said of six Clippers scoring in double figures and opening things up for him on Tuesday. "It's not won by one guy [or] two players -- it's the whole 15."
ESPN, Kawhi Leonard preaches patience to Clippers, says, 'Have fun', Ohm Youngmisuk, Jan. 15, 2020.
No hay comentarios.:
Publicar un comentario
Bienvenidos todos los comentarios respetuosos.