ESPN, LeBron James says Lakers 'can't worry' about playoff seeding, Dave McMenamin, Feb. 13, 2020.
- Davis had one of his best games as a Laker on Wednesday, single-handedly outscoring the Nuggets 7-5 in overtime en route to a final line of 33 points, 10 rebounds, 2 blocks and 2 steals.
- He said the Lakers reclaimed their edge before the layoff, and they did so in what several players described in the postgame locker room as a "playoff atmosphere."
- The Lakers are 10-5 against teams with better than .500 records, including 2-1 against the Nuggets, with both wins coming at the Pepsi Center and the loss occurring in a game James sat out.
NBA, James' triple double, Davis lead Lakers past Nuggets 120-116, Arnie Stapleton, Feb. 13, 2020.
- James posted his 12th triple-double of the season, tied with Luka Doncic for the NBA lead, and Davis scored seven of his 33 points in overtime as the Western Conference leaders took a 41-12 record and a four-game lead over second-place Denver into the All-Star break.
- The Nuggets were the hottest team in the league, having won six of seven, including short-handed stunners at Milwaukee and Utah.
- So, James, who had 32 points, 14 assists and 12 rebounds, saw this as playoff prep.
''Every opportunity we get to play in a close game against a tough opponent, it's a learning experience for all of us,'' he said. ''It prepares us for a postseason game where it's going to be back and forth, back and forth. I thought tonight was a playoff atmosphere for both teams, being No. 1 and No. 2 in the Western Conference, jockeying for position. We were just trying to make plays whatever it takes. And A.D. was there knocking down big 3s and getting a block and getting some stops, the jump ball, as well. It was big time.''